|October 1, 2021||
* Throughout Handbook: updated Office for Equal Opportunity Programs to Office of Institutional Equity and Accessibility; updated School of Drama to David Geffen School of Drama; Updated School of Forestry & Environmental Studies to School of the Environment.
* Section III (Faculty Ranks, Appointments, and Policies: University-wide): clarified criteria for less than full-time appointments; clarified policies related to extension of time in rank; clarified procedures for review of complaints about violations of Faculty Standards of Conduct.
* Section IV (Faculty of Arts and Sciences): updated department and program listing; clarified voting policies; updated composition of Yale College faculty meetings; clarified FASTAP 2007 and 2016 policies for appointments on term and Associate Professor with Tenure.
* Section IX (School of the Environment): added Senior Lecturer II rank.
* Section XI (School of Management): clarified procedures for term appointments.
* Section XII (School of Medicine): clarified voting right and policies; clarified appointment and promotion procedures; updated notice requirements for non-reappointment to certain ranks; added Visiting Research Scientist rank; Added Clinician-Scientist track to replace Clinician-Scholar track.
* Section XIV (School of Nursing): clarified process for requesting transfer of track; added Assistant Professor to Clinical and Traditional tracks.
* Section XVII (Leaves of Absence and Teaching Relief: University-wide): clarified policies on teaching relief for non-ladder instructional faculty.
* Section XVIII (Faculty Compensation, Benefits, and Services): updated descriptions of benefits available to faculty to make consistent with descriptions in other University communications.
* Section XIX (Retirement): clarified policies related to the Phased Retirement Plan.
* Section XXI (Other University Policies Affecting Faculty): updated Resource Office on Disabilities to Student Accessibility Services.
|August 22, 2019||
* Section III (Faculty Ranks, Appointments, and Policies: University-wide): clarified the procedures for the appointment of fully joint and secondary appointments.
* Section IV (Faculty of Arts and Sciences): added provisions regarding secondary appointments consistent with the procedures in Section III.
* Section V (School of Architecture): clarified the procedures for faculty appointment and promotions to make consistent with FASTAP 2007.
* Section VI (School of Art): added description for the ranks of Senior Critic, Critic, and Lecturer; and clarified the School’s leave policy.
* Section VII (Divinity School and Institute of Sacred Music): revised School-specific policies for faculty ranks and leaves.
* Section IX (School of Forestry and Environmental Studies): clarified the School’s leave policy.
* Section X (School of Law): clarified description for the ranks of Clinical Associate Professor of Law and Tutor in Legal Studies.
* Section XI (School of Management): updated description for Appointments, Curriculum, and Strategy Committee; and clarified procedures for term appointments.
* Section XII (School of Medicine): clarified the procedures for appointments and promotions for School of Public Health faculty and clarified the descriptions of the adjunct faculty ranks.
* Section XIV (School of Nursing): clarified the procedures for appointments and promotion.
* Section XV (Research Appointments: University-wide): clarified procedures for the appointment of postdoctoral appointees.
* Section XVII (Leaves of Absence & Teaching Relief: University-wide): clarified the policies regarding teaching relief for child rearing.
|October 17, 2018||
* Updates to Sections III and XVII to clarify the policies related to parental benefits.
* Updates to Section XXI to clarify policies related to short- and long-term medical disability.